Hot Lunch Program
St. Isidore Catholic School, in conjunction with the Yuba City Unified Nutrition Program, offers a nutritious sack lunch five days a week for all students, except minimum days. A calendar will be posted at the end of each month showing next month’s menu. For the 2021-2022 academic year there is no charge for our lunch program.
Other Food information:
- Most students bring a snack for morning recess. This should be nutritious and not need to be refrigerated or heated.
- Student Counsel also provides a snack option at morning recess for purchase.
- Students can bring a sack or lunch box to school with their lunch (no refrigeration available. no microwaves available to heat lunches). Be sure to put the student’s name on the lunch box or bag. No glass containers. NO SODA OR ENERGY DRINKS for any age group. Water or flavored drinks are best.
- If you are bringing a forgotten or late lunch, place it on the brick planter in front of the office door. Be sure the student’s name is on the bag or box. Students check the area for their lunch or are called by the office.
- If your child has a food allergy, be sure to inform the classroom teacher and put the information highlighted on the emergency card.
- For the sake of safety, all students, when eating or drinking, need to be seated. This includes small candies. When students are playing or walking around the campus, they should NOT be eating or drinking anything.
- Gum, sunflower seeds, peanuts or any shelled nut are not to be brought to school at any time. Gum is not to be chewed on campus. This also applies to school activities that take place in the evening and on the weekends.
- No soda or energy drinks are to be consumed by students during school or extension hours. This includes fast-food restaurant meals and classroom parties. Parents: please remove toys from fast-food restaurant meals.